A Certification is a voluntary program administered by a non-governmental organization. It grants the use of a credential to individuals for a specific period of time. The Certification is available to those who meet predetermined and standardized criteria for knowledge, skills or competencies.
Key elements of a Certification program:
* Administered independent of any education or training program
* Assessment is based on a body of knowledge rather than on specific learning outcomes
* Incorporates recertification requirements to maintain the credential, such as participation in continuing
* Prohibits trainers from assessing their own trainees
* Forbids release of exam questions to anyone teaching preparatory courses or developing preparatory
What is Qualification?
A qualification is awarded for achievement of a narrow body of knowledge with very specific learning objectives. This type of program often takes the form of a classroom learning experience followed by an assessment to determine if the desired learning goals and objectives for the training have been met. Qualifications have no recertification component. They are either valid for life or they require that the classroom learning experience and assessment be repeated for renewal
Key elements of a Qualifications program:
* Experience includes both instruction and assessment as part of the program
* Tests specific knowledge, skills or competencies associated with learning outcome
* Awards a Qualification only to those participants who meet the standards for performance, proficiency
or passing score
* Allows trainers to know and be familiar with the assessment questions
* Permits trainers to assess their own trainees, depending on the requirements of a given program
* Requires credential holders to retrain and retest at the end of a set period of validity, unless qualification is determined to be valid for life
Additional EXAM Dates:
July 20, 2015 – Downers Grove, IL – Deadline for registration is July 2, 2015
July 21, 2015 – Morton Arboretum -Deadline for registration is July 3, 2015
September 14, 2015 – Downers Grove, IL -Deadline for registration is August 27, 2015
November 12, 2015 – Mundelein, IL -Deadline for registration is October 26, 2015
November 23, 2015 – Downers Grove, IL - Deadline for registration is November 4, 2015Click here to download Certified Arborist exam application. Click here to download Municipal Specialist exam application. Click here to download the Utility Specialist exam application. Click here to download the Board Certified Master Arborist exam application. Click here to download Aerial Lift Specialist exam application. Click here to download Certified Tree Worker exam application. Click here to apply for Certified Arborist exam online. Click here to apply for Municipal Specialist exam online. Click here to apply for Utility Specialist exam online. Click here to download the Board Certified Master Arborist exam application. Click here to download Aerial Lift Specialist exam application. Click here to apply for Certified Tree Worker exam online.