Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc., a Leader in the Tree Care Industry, is currently seeking a Safety & Quality Control Specialist.
The main objectives of the Safety & Quality Control Specialist position are the development, implementation, and compliance assurance for all safety best practices and risk management across all company departments. Additionally, the position will work in conjunction with field production managers (Production, Mulch, PHC) assisting with quality control assessment and compliance in those Departments. The Safety & Quality Control Specialist will work collaboratively with Department Managers and company employees to ensure safety awareness and quality control compliance.
- The development, implementation, and monitoring of compliance for all department safety best practice standard operating procedures. Assuring total comprehension of KTS safety policies across all Departments.
- Weekly development and tracking of safety topic discussions for all Departments.
- Lead and coordinate the company’s Safety Task Force Committee and Monthly Safety Task Force meetings.
- In collaboration with the Training Manager, provide safety training, coaching, and mentoring to all Department personnel and develop growth and development programs for CTSP staff.
- Perform regularly scheduled field site observations, to assure safety compliance across all Departments.
- Perform regularly scheduled facility/building safety inspections, assuring compliance with required OSHA regulations.
- Develop, organize, and monitor D.O.T. regulations and guidelines to assure KTS is in total compliance with these regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate and Facilitate annual and pre-employment Driving Training, annual MVR Reports, driver files and DOT Compliance Training.
- Assist staff with the acquisition of CDL and conduct all CDL needs such as expiration dates, medical cards, past history requests for new hires, etc.
- Coordinate and assist staff with the acquisition and maintenance of E-rail safe cards for railroad work, third party certifications maintenance (IS Networld, BROWZ, etc.) and any other job specific safety requirements
- Initiate, investigate, document, track and communicate Incident Reports and Incident Investigations.
- Ability to respond to and effectively coordinate incident situations, 24/7 availability may be necessary
- Coordinate and Participate in Facility Fire & Alarm Inspections.
- Work with the Administrative Manager to coordinate, update, and maintain KTS Health & Safety Handbook.
- Support and advise Department Managers on incident investigation conclusions as it pertains to safety related concerns.
- Work with Department Managers, design, initiate, conduct and organize quality control assessments of all services in Production, PHC and Mulch services departments, assuring best practices and safety policies are in compliance.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Experience and background, or ability to learn, OSHA guidelines as it pertains to the arboriculture industry.
- Experience and background, or ability to learn, the CDL acquisition process and the guidelines associated with it.
- Experience assessing, enforcing and coaching various safety best practices, including driving and equipment operation
- Experience and background in arboriculture, or passion to learn, displaying ability to effectively assess the quality of all of the services that we offer in tree care, plant health care, and mulch services.
- A strong leadership skill-set with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Experienced in detailed safety duties in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experienced abilities in team coaching and facilitation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to communicate consistently, clearly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- 3 to 5 years of previous Safety Management experience and/or experience in arboriculture industry
- CDL or ability to attain upon hire (CDL Class A is preferable)
- First Response/First aid experience (certification preferred)
- Associates degree or higher safety management or related field
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- OSHA 10/30 hour card (preferred or ability to attain)
- Certified Safety Professional (preferred or ability to attain)
- TCIA Certified Treecare Safety Professional (preferred or ability to attain)
- ISA Certified Arborist (preferred)
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume by September 30, 2016 to: email@example.com.