KRAMER TREE SPECIALISTS, INC.
300 CHARLES COURT
WEST CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60185
Job Title Description: Production Arborist
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: West Chicago, Illinois
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Production Arborist. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
The main objectives of the Production Arborist position are to safely ascend and descend trees for the purpose of providing pruning, cabling, bracing, lightning protection, removal or safety inspections of these trees. Production Arborist report directly to the Production Arborist Foreman who in turn reports to the Production Manager. Major objectives include working in conjunction with their supervisor and the Production Manager to provide professional and quality leadership, training, quality control, safety compliance, and support for their particular work unit during all company field operations functions. The Production Arborist shall be responsible to maintain compliance of the ANSI A-300 pruning standards as well as, the ANSI Z133.1 safety standards and any other applicable state or federal standard. Job functions would also include the effective selection and utilization / maintenance of equipment, tools, and crew skill-sets required for daily jobs assuring that sales and production goals for the company are achieved or exceeded. The Production Arborist will also be expected to maintain a positive image for Kramer Tree Specialists in the field and within the arboriculture industry.
- Provide professional pruning services in accordance with ANSI A-300 pruning standards.
- Ability to climb trees for pruning and removal purposes while maintaining the ANSI Z133.1 Safety Standards.
- The ability to climb rope or tree up to 80 feet in height with the appropriate equipment and proper PPE.
- Work with the production team to clean-up resulting debris, brush, branches, logs, etc. Lifting up to 70 lbs. will be required.
- Experience or the ability to learn modern climbing and rigging practices specific to the arboriculture industry.
- Conduct or participate in regularly scheduled crew meetings, safety meetings, and provide pertinent operation information, establishing work completion timelines, identifying work safe zones, and manpower -equipment requirements.
- Ensure overall quality and safety of the work done on each property, including attending to the details through proper property evaluations, quality spot site inspections, and pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Be accountable for the maintenance and proper use of all company vehicles, equipment, and tools.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern climbing and rigging techniques and preferred equipment is necessary.
- The ability to use independent judgment to develop creative solution to problems that arise.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate with crew members.
- The capability to work safely and assure compliance of company and ANSI safety standards.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish (preferred)
- At least two (2) years of tree climbing experience – with the proven ability to develop and work within a scheduled plan and the ability to analyze and interpret job expectations.
- Tree pruning and climbing field experience including the ability to operate all equipment and tools utilized by climbers within the Arboriculture Industry.
- ISA Certified Arborist, Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP) – (preferred but not required)
- Valid driver’s license with CDL Class A with air brake endorsement. (Ability to attain within 90 days of hire)