Pursue a career with the City of Cedar Rapids!
“The City of Cedar Rapids welcomes diversity in all forms including; race, gender, background, and thought. The City strives for a workforce that reflects the community we serve! The City of Cedar Rapids appreciates the values, leadership, and unique skills service members bring to the workforce & encourages opportunities to employ Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans! ”
Salary: $11.00 Hourly
Shift/Hours: Monday through Friday: 7:00 AM—3:30 PM
About Cedar Rapids: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is a vibrant urban hometown in the heart of east central Iowa. As the second largest city in the state and anchor of Iowa’s Creative Corridor, we are home of one of the leading manufacturing regions in the United States and two dozen Fortune 500 companies.
Job Description: Assists the City Arborist with the Forestry program in assigned special projects, primarily field collection of data as it relates to the City’s tree inventory, mortality of newly planted trees, code interpretation and revision and evalua- tion of safety protocols.
For examples of essential work please visit our job description located here: Job Description. Benefits: This position is not benefits eligible.
Required Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of current ANSI and OSHA standards (A300 and Z133.1);
- Knowledge of current planting and pruning techniques;
- Knowledge of insect and disease problems associated with trees and shrubs in the Midwest, as well as other abiotic and
- Ability to identify tree species rated to Midwest hardiness zones 4-5;
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work cooperatively and to maintain effective working relationships to accomplish job responsibilities;
- Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or
- Ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
Acceptable Experience & Training / Required Special Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of 2-4 years of technical training or study towards a degree in forestry, urban forestry, arboricul- ture, biology, botany or other related field; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Closing Date: 4:00 p.m., January 6, 2017
How to Apply: Please visit our Jobs page on our website. You will be directed to our online career portal to apply.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Assistance provided to disabled individuals upon request. Equal Opportunity Employer