Department of Parks & Recreation, City of Lake Forest
The Forestry Section is hiring for a summer position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tree and Shrub Planting
- Ground Work – General clean up duties after tree removal
- Brush Chipping
- Sidewalk Clearing
- Assisting in Dutch Elm Disease & Emerald Ash Borer scouting
- Tree Inventory
The successful candidate will:
- Be expected to work a 40-hour work week for approximately 10 weeks
- Monday – Friday 6:30am -3pm
- Be willing to work outside in all-weather conditions
- Have the ability to work independently or with a three to four person crew
- Be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff professionally and be understanding of the residents and their concerns
- Understand computers and programs such as MS Excel (a plus)
- Tree identification skills preferred
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Applicants must be of sound physical condition in order to work in all types of weather.
Salary: $10.00 /hr.
Apply online at www.cityoflakeforest.com
By May 1, 2017
An Equal Opportunity Employer