City of Elmhurst
Posted: December 16, 2016
This full-time position involves skilled work in the operation of equipment related to trees: pruning, trimming, maintenance and removal, as well as the maintenance of City grounds. The employee is responsible for the operation of a variety of medium to heavy construction tasks and equipment. Work often requires heavy physical labor. Work is performed under the direction of the Superintendent of Forestry.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class B CDL driver’s license, or ability to obtain one within 90 days.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an arboreal cultural field. Certified Arborist license preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in the operation of medium to heavy duty vehicles and maintenance equipment.
- Minimum one year experience in the proper use and handling of pesticides preferred. Current possession of State Pesticide Operator’s License, or the ability to obtain one within one year.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds, with assistance.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to climb trees and work effectively in precarious positions at considerable heights.
- Considerable knowledge of the proper methods/techniques used in tree maintenance activities.
- Extensive customer service experience, including the ability to deal tactfully with the public on sensitive issues.
Salary: $23.56/hr.-$30.60/hr. DOQ. Must be available for overtime-emergency calls and snow removal. Excellent benefit package.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Submit completed application online at www.elmhurst.org or direct link: http://cityofelmhurst.peopleadmin.com/postings/1479
Only on-line job applications will be accepted. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of background check, drug screen, and physical.
Position open until January 22, 2017.
The City provides equal opportunity and offers reasonable accommodations in all programs and employment.