KRAMER TREE SPECIALISTS, INC.
300 CHARLES COURT
WEST CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60185
Job Description: Production Arborist – Foreman
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Kramer Tree Specialists, West Chicago
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Production Arborist Foreman. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
The main objectives of the Production Arborist Foreman position are to coordinate and supervise field production crew members during operations for the tree production services. The Production Arborist Foreman reports directly to the Production Manager. Major objectives include working in conjunction with the Production Manager and the Scheduling Coordinator to provide leadership, training, quality control, safety compliance, and support for their particular work unit during all company field operations functions. They will manage and provide daily supervision and support for their particular crew each day. They shall be responsible to maintain efficiencies, safety compliance, and the quality of production through proper and consistent communication with crew members. Job functions would also include the effective selection and allocation of equipment, tools, and crew skill-sets required for daily jobs assuring that sales and production goals for the company are achieved or exceeded. The Production Arborist Foreman will also be expected to maintain a positive image for Kramer Tree Specialists in the field and in the industry.
- Responsible for assuring the quality and safety of the work done on each property under your direction, including attending to the details through property evaluations, quality spot site inspections, pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Comply and enforce all Kramer Tree Specialists policies and procedures.
- Train subordinates, including ground crew laborers, climbers, and drivers to ensure their safety while continually working towards continuous improvement of safety awareness and incident reduction.
- Conduct and participate in weekly crew meetings, safety meetings, and provide pertinent operation information, establishing work completion timelines, and equipment requirements.
- Assure that the appropriate paperwork is executed and submitted accurately and in a timely manner, including: timesheets, daily logs, DOT vehicle books, billing documentation, completed work orders, and other documents that are required.
- Work closely with the fleet manager, parts manager, and shop mechanics to assure that the proper communication for the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of crew vehicles and equipment is accomplished.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- The ability to use independent judgment to develop creative solution to problems that arise.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate with crew members.
- The capability to work safely and assure compliance of company and ANSI safety standards.
- Ability to lift upwards of 70 lbs. may be necessary
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish (preferred)
- At least two (2) years of tree care supervisory experience – with the proven ability to develop and work within a scheduled plan and the ability to analyze and interpret job expectations.
- Tree pruning and climbing field experience including the ability to operate all equipment and tools utilized within the climbing industry.
- Certified Arborist – (preferred but not required)
- Valid driver’s license with CDL Driver Class A with air brake endorsement.