KRAMER TREE SPECIALISTS, INC.
300 CHARLES COURT
WEST CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60185
Job Description: Plant Health Care Applicator
Reports to: Plant Health Care Manager
Department: Plant Health Care
Location: Kramer Tree Specialists, West Chicago
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Plant Health Care Applicator position. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
The main objectives of the Plant Health Care Applicators are to properly and safely apply tree care materials in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with state regulations and policies. The Plant Health Care Applicators will report directly to the Plant Health Care Manager. Duties would include performing the applications for tree care fertilization and pest control to Kramer Tree Specialists clients, assuring quality applications in a timely manner and proactively inspecting the plant material for current and potential pests. Additional duties would include the continuous communication to the Sales Arborists to assure that customers are made aware of any potential problems and/or any beneficial services that Kramer Tree Specialists could provide in the future.
- Perform tree service applications in accordance with industry best practices and state / product guidelines & policies.
- Perform Field Site quality control inspections providing constructive feedback to Sales Arborists targeted towards continuous improvement of the products and service we provide.
- To be willing to work within other departments when the Plant Health Care work–loads are minimal. This could include leaf / brush collection departments, tree service department, Christmas Décor department, and the snow removal department
- Participate in the Plant Health Care department meetings.
- Assist the Plant Health Care Manager with the development and continued focus on department Rolling Calendars and Monthly Critiques. Focused on total involvement from the Plant Health Care team.
- Actively participate in the implementation, and compliance of safety related programs.
- Ability to work a varied time schedule according to seasonal requirements including Saturdays.
- Work truck should be clean, organized & operational condition.
- Tools assigned to each truck should be inventoried and in operational condition.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Certified Arborist – Preferred or obtain within a specified time frame
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to multi-task
- Be able to calculate the needed material and tools for each specific application.
- One to Two Years of Arborist Tree Care Service Experience
- Possess a current State of Illinois Commercial Applicators License or obtain within a specified time frame
- Valid Illinois – Driver’s License Class A – CDL or obtain within a specified time frame